Thursday, February 23, 2012
Corruption
A couple days ago while meditating at the neighborhood train-tracks, a biker asked me if I was alright. He asked me genuinely and from the bottom of his heart. Usually there are about 30-35 people who pass by while I meditate there. This biker was the only one who acknowledged my presence that day. If only the world was filled with more people like this man who genuinely cared for the well-being of a stranger. Thats the world I want to live in. A world where we are embodied as one and our only goal is to promote the well being of others. When that finally happens, Wake me up. Because until then I am just existing in reality and going through the motions.
On second thought; why would any of that matter?
We live in a society that is corrupt. We are led by a government that has a little too much power. And we are brainwashed by the media that constantly spits out lies. There is no longer any chivalry, and there is no longer any respect. We would rather eat steroid injected processed hamburgers than a home cooked meal all for the sake of convenience. We sleep in till noon and we always complain about how there's never enough time. All of that, and the fact that we are still on the pursuit of happiness.
Now tell me, why would any of that matter?
I am not proposing that we start over from scratch and I am not saying that we should put on a mask. We just need to learn how to enjoy the simpler things in life. Rather than taking some swigs out of a flask. And while we are at it, we should open doors for each other too. I know it's not a big change, but hopefully it will be the start of something new.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment